Saturday, June 27, 2009

Inside Out

Today I started Weight Watchers. I've done WW before, years ago. It worked great. I went from 176 lbs. to 128 lbs. in 6 months. I maintained for a year. When my sister died suddenly I felt derailed in every aspect of my life. The year after she passed away my husband was admitted to drug rehab. I had already gained back 40 lbs. by then.

My life continued for 3 more years to gain chaotic speed. Now at 196 lbs. I am finally mentally and spiritually ready to make the necessary change to be physically healthy. At 45 my body is much older than my spirit and I don't like that.

I'm doing some things differently this time. I'm not cheating like I did before. I never counted salad dressing before because it made me bitter that I couldn't have salad dressing for free (point system). I'm not going to be consumed with the weight number itself. I'm more eager to feel better, go farther and wear clothing that buttons.

I am soon to have an empty nest and will need to fill that emptiness. This time, instead of filling my emptiness, lonliness and any sorrow I may have, with food...I'm planning on using that energy to be around longer and stronger.

I'll keep you posted.

No comments:

Post a Comment