Thursday, July 2, 2009

Alone

I find myself alone more often than not; at least that's the way it is when I'm not at work. I don't mind doing my own thing but I do kinda feel lost when I'm the only one in a large space.

Today, I'm not so uncomfortable in my own skin... I guess I just want someone to hear what I'm expressing. I don't have anything earth shattering to proclaim, I just want a receiver.

In due time I guess. I'm an empty nester now and my husband works 2nd shift. I try to wait up for him but I get so sleepy. I'm certain I'm one of those ladies every stranger hates to start a conversation with because I probably go on and on. If they'd stop and have a cup of coffee with me I'd probably spend the better of an afternoon with them.

Funny thing, I don't feel lonely. It hasn't always been that way. I use to have a tug in the pit of my heart that would ache with loneliness. Today I don't feel that and for that I am grateful.

Hey, here comes that cat. I better go, I've been meaning to discuss something with her.

No comments:

Post a Comment