Saturday, July 24, 2010

Perfection

Babies are expected all around me which has caused a furry in my sewing studio. I have been producing baby items for the many, many baby showers that I have been invited to. I also have some very special people in my life expecting little sweeties, such as my daughter with my second grandchild and my sweet niece with my 'Gram-aunt' child.

My desire to always do things incredibly perfect often times hinders my productivity. Cutting, re-cutting, sewing, seam ripping, re-sewing, adding embellishments then adding more embellishments and still not feeling it is quite the way I want it.

At some point, I need to be happy with what my talents turn out. I need to enjoy the process, the prayers during the project and the final product. Perfection is but a figment of my imagination

So, as the baby goodies are being made, I am more and more giving way to the enjoyment of the thought of the little one that will be using the item rather than centering the entire experience around my craziness. I need to always keep my goal in mind: Making a gift that a child will know that I love them - that's it. I'm not perfect and the baby should know it right from the start!

This evolving revelation is freeing at every stitch produced. I hope it spreads to other areas of my life.

1 comment:

  1. 'Perfection', my dear, is already in your presence. Embracing the gifts God has given to each of us is but one way the manifestation of HIS love and GRACE is reflected in us.
    Have a lovely and GRACEfilled day.
    MCatherine
    HIDE A HEART

    ReplyDelete